What kind of diet should I follow during pregnancy?
Eating for two doesn’t mean eating twice as much food. Pregnant women need about 300 extra calories a day. It’s important to eat a variety of different foods every day to get the right balance of nutrients that you and your baby need.
• Eat small frequent meals
• Eat foods that are rich in protein like eggs, pulses, grains, meat etc.
• Include generous servings of fresh fruits, vegetables and sprouts
• Consume foods rich in iron such as green leafy vegetables, jaggery, beans, groundnuts, ragi, lean red meat etc. and calcium rich foods like milk, curds, paneer.
• Make sure your diet contains enough fibre.
• Drink about atleast 2-3 liters of fluids daily.