Department of Gastroenterology:
Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine whereby the digestive system and its disorders are treated.
Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders are set to affect more and more people in the coming years. Increasing obese population and consumption of irregular diets are some of the key reasons for the rise in the number of people suffering from these disorders. Bloating, acidity, constipation are only some of the gastrointestinal diseases.
Diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the organs from mouth to anus, along the alimentary canal and – diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas & spleen are the focus of this specialty.
Gastroenterology symptoms include
- Abdominal Pain
- Abdominal distension
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Therapeutic ERCP
- Rectal Bleeding
- Weight Loss
- Unexplained / frequent occurrences of Anemia
- Organomegaly (abnormal organ enlargement)
Generally, early consultation with a gastroenterologist proves to be life saving.
The Dept. of Gastroenterology at Simhapuri Hospitals comprises of highly experienced and well qualified gastroenterologists. Our consultants hold wide ranging experience gained at leading institutes in India and overseas can offer treatment to almost any disorder. Our spectrum of procedures available helps in treating almost any gastrointestinal disorder. Every gastroenteric complaint is attended by a comprehensive examination of the gastrointestinal tract which can reveal the true picture. With recent advancements in Endoscopy – comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteric diseases is easier.
Procedures done :
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- EN Biopsy
- Esophageal Dilatation
- Endoscopic Ulcer bleed management :
- EN adrenaline Injection
- EN AB Gel Foam
- EN hemoclip
- EN Nasojejunal Tube Placement
- Endoscopic Foreign Body Removal
- Endotherapy of Achalasia
- EN PEG Tube Placement
- EN PEG Tube – removal
- EN Polypectomy
- EN Pyloric Balloon Dilatation
- Esophageal Variceal Ligation (EVL)
- EN Hemorrhoidal Banding
- State-of-the-art endoscopy suite
- Laparoscopic surgery equipment
- GI surgery suite
- Gall bladder stone removal
- Removal of early cancerous tumors etc.
- Hernia repair
- Spleen removal
- Clearing up of intra abdominal adhesions
- Colonoscopy (lower GI Endoscopy)
- Endoscopic Polypectomy
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Endoscopic CBD Stone extraction
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy