Dr. C. Bhakthavatsala Reddy
MBBS, MD , DM (Cardiology)
Sr. Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
International Associate to American College of Cardiology
About Dr. Bhakthavatsala Reddy
Dr. C. Bhakthavatsala Reddy completed his training in Cardiology MD(Pediatrics) at Kasturibai Medical College,Manipal in 2003. He then pursued DM(Cardiology) at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad in 2008. He is an Associate Professor in the department of Cardiology at Narayana Medical College, Nellore since 2009 and parallely working in Simhapuri Hospital Nellore.
Dr. Reddy has much experience and expertise with most interventional procedures, including Coronary Angiogram, Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty, Complex Congenital Heart Disease, Complex Peripheral Intervention, Endovascular Intervention (Coil closure of Peripheral Vasculature, Carotid Stenting), Device Closure in children, Permanent Pacemaker implantation, and Venous Interventions. Dr. Reddy has several publications in indexed journals and has made presentations of research papers at major cardiology conferences in India and abroad.
First person to do
- Primary PTCA Programme in Nellore District
- Device closures
- Alcohol Septal Ablation
- Coil closing hepatite, S.M.Artery
- Carotid Artery stunting
- Device Closures
- Peripheral Vascular Interventional
- Balloon Valvotomy
- Endovascular Interventions
- Inflammatory markers–Serum level of TNF-α and IL6 as predictors of outcome for Peripartum Cardiomyopathy.
- Drug utilization study, essential drug concept, Calcium Channel Blockers, Beta Blockers, Angiotensin receptor blockers-ARB, Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors-ACEI.
- Drug utilization patterns of anti hypertensive medication in a tertiary care hospital.
- An open-label study to assess the effect of a single dose of Nebivolol and Ivabradine on heart rate and pulse wave velocity in hypertensive patients receiving amlodipine.
- Role of “Ischemia Modified Albumin”(IMA) in acute coronary syndromes.
- Effects of Garlic extract (Allium Sativum) in combination with Amlodipine in mild to moderate essential hypertensive patients: An open randomized parallel group study.
- Acute Effects of Two Angiotensin Receptor Blockers on Vascular Hemodynamics, Arterial Stiffness, and Oxidative Stress in Patients with Mild to Moderate Hypertension: An Open Label Parallel Group Study.
- Angiotensin converting enzyme insertion/deletion polymorphism in angiographically proven coronary artery disease subjects of South India.
- Kearns-Sayre syndrome with cardiac involvement.
- AlCAPA in 28years old male with Good LV function.
- Association between erectile dysfunction and CAD and its severity.
- ASIAN ACADEMIC RESEARCH JOURNAL OF MULTIDISCIPLINARY.